The Benefits of Waterproofing Your Basement Now!
Security – After your basement is waterproofed, you will not ever have to do this again. This is huge due to the fact that whenever you have a heavy rain, snow melt or both, you won’t have to worry, stress, or check your basement every 15 minutes wondering if your remodeled basement has flooded and ruined all walls, flooring and furnishings.
Health – Molds have the potential to cause health problems.
- Molds produce allergens (substances that can cause allergic reactions), irritants, and in some cases, potentially toxic substances (mycotoxins).
- Inhaling or touching mold or mold spores may cause allergic reactions in sensitive individuals.
- Allergic responses include hay fever-type symptoms, such as sneezing, runny nose, red eyes, and skin rash (dermatitis).
- Allergic reactions to mold are common. They can be immediate or delayed.
- Molds can also cause asthma attacks in people with asthma who are allergic to mold. In addition, mold exposure can irritate the eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs of both mold-allergic and non-allergic people.
- You can control mold growth by keeping your basement dry. There are many types of mold, but none will grow without moisture. (Information taken from EPA website on mold) http://www.epa.gov/mold/moldbasics.html
Energy Costs – You will also experience benefits on your energy costs. A home with a waterproofing and dehumidification system will save you an aggregate of 17% on heating and cooling bills. It takes a lot more effort to heat and cool wet air than dry air.
Increase Home Value – For most people their home is the largest investment they’ll ever make but they will lose up to 15% of their homes value with a wet, damp or moldy basement.
Not to mention it’s an instant turn-off to potential buyers to hear a moisture problem is present. You will more than make up for what you spend getting a dry basement on the return in your homes value.
Increase Chance of Selling Your Home – Many states across the country now require sellers to provide potential homebuyers with Mold Disclosure Statements. Homes that are disclosed to have mold problems are less likely to sell and have a lower market value. Homes with Herb Fry Waterproofing Systems get top dollar on the market because they smell fresh and are free of moisture.
Extra Space For Less – When extra living space is required, many homeowners choose to build expensive new additions. Remodeling an existing basement is far less expensive and much less time consuming as well.
To discuss your problem with us NOW, please call 610-642-4444 or request a FREE INSPECTION.